Friday, August 21, 2009

Long Live Johnny Cash

The boys and I have been on a Johnny Cash kick lately. Our favorite albums are the San Quentin and Folsom Prison live recordings. The boys like the funny songs about prison life and running from the law. Luke likes how Mr. Cash half sings half talks his songs. It is quite a kick to hear your little 7 year old walking around saying "My name is Sue. How do you do? Now you gonna die!" (from the song A Boy Named Sue - one of our favorites).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M89c3hWx3RQ

They have a lot of his great songs available on YouTube - check them out and become a convert.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will object if C or L start signing the entire song!!

Julie said...

Wow. Johnny Cash is a bit heavy duty, but I'd rather the boys sing his stuff than the Jonas Brothers. You always had good taste, liz!