Saturday, June 13, 2009

I've trained them well.

The boys know well enough by now, that when I drop something I don't bend down to get it. I just keep on walking and THEY bend down to pick it up. I don't even have to say anything. They are also very willing to offer their arms as assistance when I need help getting up and they are my little runners. Anything in the house and I send them. I am spoiled - I know it.
Colby asked me how come it was so hard to bend down and pick up things. I told him because the baby was in my way. He asked if it was because I was afraid to squish the baby - I responded "No, the baby is squishing me."
I made both the boys put soccer/basketballs under their shirts and wear it around for a little bit while they tried to tie their shoes or pick up something off the ground. It was very amusing and enlightening to them on what it is like for me. Colby wore his "baby" around for a while - you should have seen him trying to sit at the computer table. His baby got in the way of leaning forward, or sitting comfortably while he was watching. He fidgeted around with positions for 5 minutes until he got fed up and pushed his baby bump over to the side of his body and used it as an arm rest while he played his game. Very funny kid.


It is all fun and games until someone gets hurt.... When Colby was done with his baby, he BIRTHED it. Very gross sounds and a little disturbing on the whole squatting process he went through. Oh man.


3 comments:

The House of Haston said...

OMG! i think i laughed so hard i tinkled in my shorts...HAHAHAHAHH! your kids crack me up. they must get it from corey right? lol love and miss ya'll.

Julie said...

That is awesome - what a great teacher you are, Lizzie! You should also have them walk around the house wearing pantyhose and heels. That'll really teach them the burden of womanhood. But who taught Colby about squatting and groaning to deliver a baby? I liked it better when he thought the baby would claw its way out alien-style.

Spencer and Hillary said...

I can soooo relate! Now, post some pictures of the REAL MOMMA and the big belly. Love your stinking buns.