Monday, September 29, 2008

Halloween Fries

Colby being a young child is not a big fan of vegetables (or fruit) . Being a boy he has an interest in gross and weird things. We went to lunch today and they have these amazingly yummy sweet potato fries. French fries made out of sweet potatoes. Softer, sweeter and way better than normal potato fries. Colby who does not like french fries very well was skeptical of them, but I told him "No, Colby. They are Halloween Fries" They are the bright orange color of sweet potatoes so he was intrigued by these cool Halloween Fries. Sure enough - he LOVED them. I had to assure him that there were no potatoes in them. I said no, there yam's! He thought that was sweet. Someday we will explain what yam is to him.

So, if you ever get a chance to order some sweet potato fries - do it! I wonder if Colby will question why they have them all year around and not just around Halloween...?

1 comment:

Julie said...

You are a sneaky one! But I'm more concerned about the fact that Colby won't eat fries because they have potatoes in them? They're FRIED. Shouldn't that counteract all the bad veggie-ness of anything? colby is a nut. And Sweet Potato Fries are God's greatest creation, next to chocolate.