We gave Luke a basketball standard for his birthday and have been a little slow on the ball about getting in the ground and installed - because of scheduling and timing conflicts. We got the pole in the ground with the cement and today was the day we were going to get the rest of it put together and installed. We assembled all the tools needed, read through the instructions (33+ steps! and they look complicated), and were ready to go. We headed out to the shed where it is waiting, I scooted in and picked up a corner of the box to slide it over and get access to it. BIG MISTAKE! Corey was standing on the other side wearing his flip flops. As soon as I scooted it over he screamed and jumped, hobbled over to the grass and collapsed. I thought he was being a big baby and I had scratched his toe, until I looked down and realized I had caught his toe nail on the edge of the box. When I had moved the box it ripped the ENTIRE nail completely up! Oh man. Needless, to say the standard will wait have wait a bit longer. So, because Marnie says I blog too much about food, here is one on the opposite side of the spectrum. I hope you enjoy this picture Marnie.
This was after we pushed the nail back down. My bad.
5 comments:
Holy ?*#! That looks like it hurt like no other. Corey, I hope you punched Liz in the face for doing that. EWWWWWWW!!!!!
Oh my GOSH that must have hurt! Poor Corey. I hope you didn't hinder is Iron Man training with that one Miss Liz!
Red card on that post Liz. Spare us the blood and gore! How's Corey gonna run a marathon and bike the Timbuktu with that nail hanging loose?
Corey, if it makes you feel any better (most likely, not) Liz did the SAME THING to me using her parents downstairs door. Liz, what do you have against your loved ones' big toenails?
Post a Comment