We enjoyed a nice and leisurely dinner at
DeeDee's house. Time to come home, so we head out. Right outside of
Springville Corey turns to me and says "Do you have any money?" "Um, no?" We are out of gas. Bummer. Luckily we coast into the parking lot of the Chevron at the north of
Springville. I don't have any money, Corey doesn't have any money. I would use my cell to call Marnie, but I left it at home. "Corey, give me your cell and I will call Marnie." "I don't have my cell, it's at home." Luke pipes up from the back that he has his cell phone - nice! So I use Luke's cell phone to call Marnie at home. "Hey
Marn. Um, could you bring some money and a gas can to the Chevron?" Seriously we are not very prepared parents. AND to add insult to the whole thing - this is the
2nd time in the last couple months that I have run out of gas at this same exact spot and gas station. I like to think it is because I am trying to be frugal and not waste gas, but whatever. Marnie shows up with her cash and gas can and seems to find the whole thing a bit familiar from not too long ago when I had to bum a push from the lady attendants when I ran out last time. So - A BIG THANKS TO OUR FRIEND MARNIE!! You rock!
3 comments:
You guys crack me up! Thank goodness for Marn! She is a lifesaver for at least one person every day of her life!
I'd say Marnie can gloat over you guys for the rest of the year! I have run out of gas so many times I don't let my tank get below 1/4 tank anymore. Good for Luke and his cell phone! Bet Colby thought the whole thing was an awesome adventure.
Lizard, you know I am always here for you! I thought it was very funny.
Post a Comment